Tim’s top picks for Christmas presents and a socially distanced interview with Niall Edworthy, the author of Main Battle Tank and over a dozen other books under a variety of noms de plume, covering military history, biography, sport, general humour, wildlife and gardening. WILL, the Will Greenwood autobiography, was shortlisted for the 2005 Sports Book Awards in the Best Autobiography category. His first novel, Otto Eckhart’s Ordeal, is recently published. Suzie is raving about her current read about a rock group in the Sixties and her Backlisted brings some much-needed laughter.
The books discussed in the November edition are:
What is coming up by Tim
- Trio by William Boyd
- My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christie Lefteri
- Father and Son by Edmund Gosse
- Grandmothers by Sally Vickers
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- Earthly Powers by Anthony Burgess
and of course
Otto Eckhardt’s Ordeal by Niall Edworthy
Suzie’s books are:
- Utopia Avenue by David Mitchell
- Toward the End of the Morning by Michael Frayn
Talking Books is broadcast on the third Monday evening of the month at 8pm on Petersfield’s Shine Radio and than repeated at other times during the month.