David Weeks – Mr Petersfield himself – tells us some more stories about growing up in our town. Following on from their first conversation, David talks again with Dave Williams, and reveals yet more stories of interest regarding the recent history of our town:
- Who was the major employer in Petersfield?
- What was a ‘shunter’?
- How important was the railway to out town?
- Is the old town square still recognisable?
- How important were the local newspapers?
- What was ‘The Squeaker’?
- The social life of Petersfield – fairs and carnivals.
Get more insight into life in Petersfield in the previous century from the man who actually lived in it …. and still does: our very own Mr Petersfield – David Weeks
Look out for more conversations with David, relating even more stories about the recent history of our town.