Professor Darek Gorecki talks to Alan Cosh about the human brain. He was born in Warsaw, Poland where he read medicine and obtained his PhD. His key research interest is pathogenesis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. He started research in this area as a post-doctoral fellow in the Molecular Neurobiology Unit, University of Cambridge under Professor Eric A Barnard, FRS. He will talk to the U3A members in Petersfield about the brain function called Brain Plumbing.
- Local trio dipping their toes into the Petersfield Skate Jam
- A local family’s experience of hosting a Ukranian refugee and appeal for more sponsors
- A district councillor is calling on Petersfield families to renew their support for Ukrainian refugees.
- Local teacher’s fundraising update: Liphook to Athens Cycle Day 4
- Liss Canadian, camping out on the streets of London to honour the Queen
- Local teacher’s fundraising update: Liphook to Athens Cycle Day 9
- Drawn from the Land exhibition opens in Alresford
- A Petersfield rugby player is walking 100 miles to raise funds for Petersfield Food Bank