Several hundred people watched live music and enjoyed food, drink and good company in The Square this evening.
The open-air concert marks the start of Petersfield’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
The Spring Festival continues through Thursday and Friday. Then on Saturday, a vintage-themed Platinum Jubilee Fete takes place in The Avenue playing fields.
Hear fifties fashion advice from Karina and Ben and an invitation to Dom’s beer festival.
Meet the Shine Radio team
Petersfield’s Shine Radio will be out in force to cover the festivities and to meet listeners.
We’ll be directly opposite Rams Walk, outside Cubitt & West.
- Record a local news bulletin with your own voice and receive a souvenir audio recording of your performance for just £2.
- Pick-up a copy of the official Petersfield Jubilee booklet for £1.
- Meet the shine Radio team and discover how you could get your stories on air, or become a volunteer yourself.
Then, on Saturday we’ll be broadcasting live from Petersfield’s Platinum Jubilee Fete.
- Claire and Joff will make a special edition of the P pod
- Popular presenters James ‘the Captain’ Birdseye, Blake Swell and Kieran Cheeseman will host shows direct from the event.
- Legendary local newsman Martin Muncaster will present vintage Petersfield news from the 50s.
- Doug Newbigging will guide you through a selection of vintage artefacts and memorabilia.
- Pull the handle of our vintage fruit machine and see if you can get three-of-a-kind.
- Hear the children of Ditcham Park School as they test your knowledge of royalty in their Quiz of The Queen.
- And enjoy 1950s music all day long as Petersfield’s Shine Radio turns back time.