This Month’s Programme
Bad weather and bad colds have changed this month’s edition, so we’ll have to wait until next month to welcome our guest Eva Wong Nava. Instead we’re going to replay our first two interviews back in October 2020, but we still discuss what is new in the literary world.
The interviews this month are with Bob Stone, owner of Write Blend books in Liverpool and with Mel Rogerson, who introduced Suzie as to how to make books look even more beautiful.
This month’s books were:
- Landfall by Suzie Wilde
- Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr
- With A Mind To Kill by Anthony Horowitz
- The Making of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece by Tom Hanks
- Exiles by Jane Harper – Hardback
- Elizabeth Finch by Julian Barnes – Pb
- Mother’s Boy by Patrick Gale – Pb
- Gift of a Radio by Justin Webb – Pb
- Bardskull by Martin Shaw
here is no backlisted this month. The two interviews are instead of this. Backlisted will be back next month.
A new edition of Talking Books is broadcast on the third Monday of the month at 8pm on Petersfield’s Shine Radio. It’s repeated at many other times during the month.