Start writing. Finish a project. Don’t be held back.
- Want to begin a novel, short stories, flash fictions? Not sure where to start?
- Started writing something, and run out of steam? Unsure where to go next?
- Held back by a lack of confidence, or writer’s block? Or can’t seem to add writing to your life?
- Finished a project? Now what?
- Want some tips on polishing and editing your work? Insights into how and where to submit your writing? Entering writing competitions? The world of agents, publishers? To self-publish or not? Online, or not?
This course is just for you!
This course is subsidised with generous support from The Arts Council.
Cost: £125, which includes:
- Four whole-day small group workshops at Petersfield Museum and Art Gallery, on the following Saturdays: 14 January, 11 February, 4 March and 25 March
- Online creative evenings, on the following Wednesdays: 11 January, 8 February, 1 March and 22 March
- Personal one to ones with your tutor
Bursaries are available. For more information, please contact Ryan Watts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vanessa is a Writer-in-Residence at Petersfield Museum and Art Gallery.
Vanessa teaches widely and mentors newer writers. She works with writers on the Curtis Brown Creative Short Story Courses, regularly runs courses for the Arvon Foundation, has also taught in Italy, Russia, Austria, Sweden and Ireland – and in the UK, for schools, colleges, festivals and local writing associations. She is also contributing editor of Short Circuit – Guide to the Art of the Short Story (Salt).
Vanessa is author of ten very different books. Her novel became a novel of the year. She has won awards for her short form fictions, her poetry and travel writing. Her work has appeared on BBC Radios 3 and 4 and local stations, in many anthologies and journals, and has been performed on stage and translated into several different languages.
Her latest publication is the German edition of Ed’s Wife and Other Creatures – an illustrated novella in flash (FloDo Books, Vienna), and her next is a compilation of writing games and exercises, forthcoming from Ad Hoc Books in 2023.