Taste of Rioja
October 13, 2023 @ 7:15 pm – 7:45 pm
Steep War Memorial Village Hall Club
Local Wine Connoisseur – Tim Clarke
Steep Village Hall Church Rd, Steep, Petersfield GU32 2DN, United Kingdom
- Taste of Rioja
Our inaugural tasting is being led by local wine connoisseur, Tim Clarke, just before he heads off to Rioja on a wine tour of his own! Tim’s guidance style is to taste wines in pairs, to compare and contrast subtle taste differences between similar wines.
To that extent and subject to any last minute changes to availability, this tasting could look something like this:
- First Pair – We start with some highly recommended White Riojas
- Lopez de Haro Blanco
- Ijalba Tempranillo Blanc
- Second Pair – We move on to a big name bodega, a good, standard wine along with a single estate to be our first Reds.
- Marqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza
- Sierra Cantabria Seleccion
- Our Third Pair – For comparison we try some readily available and very affordable Reds.
- Marques De Los Zancos Tinto
- Marques De Los Zancos Crianza
- For our final Pair – We go both “new” (in the form of a wine from the first Riojano organic estate) and traditional (with a proper oaky monster) as with finish with some huge Reds.
- Ijalba Graciano.
- Cune Rioja Gran Reserva
Alongside the wines a number of Tapas Dishes will be served, for both authenticity and as a palate cleanser!
As a reminder, tickets are available to members and guests, get details here https://steepvillagehall.org.uk/contact/
- Individual and Couples Members: £18/30 (1 or 2 tickets respectively) – plus any wine ordered are discounted.
- Registered Members (to whom we can send a newsletter) : £24 (up to 4 tickets)
- Guests (anonymous other than ticket purchase) £30 (up to 4 tickets)
Please pass on to as many people as you think may be interested!