Jingles competition rules
How the competition works
Students attending senior schools in Petersfield can enter.
Entries are made through the school.
Each school may put forward up to two candidates.
Each candidate should record a short audition, singing along to a favourite song or backing track.
We suggest the chorus of a well-known pop song would be a good choice.
Don’t worry too much about the technical quality – you can record on your mobile phone if you don’t have a microphone and recording equipment.
Recordings should be submitted via the school as a wav or mp3 file.
The judging will be done on the basis of the audio submission only.
The winner will be notified via their school.
A coaching session of around fifteen minutes with a professional session singer will be organised online. A Shine Radio safeguarding lead will also be on the call.
The recording session will be done in Petersfield with remote production from Chris Stevens of TM Studios and Ignite Jingles.
You will receive a souvenir recording of the finished jingles which will include your vocals alongside those of professional session singers.
By entering this competition you, your school and someone with parental responsibility confirm agreement with the rules:
- You are in full time education at a school in Petersfield at the time of entry.
- No entries may be made after the closing date of Friday 21 October 2022.
- Only one winning entrant will be selected by the judges.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- If successful, you will attend a recording session in Petersfield and the online coaching. You must be accompanied by an adult known to you.
- You will take direction from the session producer who will be directing the session remotely.
- You will make yourself available for interview by a Shine Radio reporter or presenter for inclusion in our programmes.
- You agree to assign to Petersfield Community Radio Ltd. (known as Petersfield’s Shine Radio) all rights, including present and future copyright, in the performance, recording and any images made at the recording session.
- You understand that Petersfield Community Radio Ltd. will licence your recordings to Devaweb Limited for the purpose of creating jingles for the radio station.
- We will credit you where we can but that will not always be possible so you agree to waive all moral rights in the recording and associated images.
- For this purpose you agree to sign the Shine Radio contributor release form at https://petersfieldradio.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Contributor-release-form.pdf
- You understand the jingles will be broadcast on Shine Radio in Petersfield and may appear in podcasts, promotions, websites and on social media.
- You understand that while Shine Radio fully intends to use the recorded material from the session, it is not under any obligation to broadcast the recordings.
- Petersfield’s Shine Radio may take photographs and/or video during the recordings and coaching. You, your school and someone with parental responsibility for you agree that such images may be used for publicity purposes including on social media.