David Weeks, the self-styled Mr Petersfield himself, talks about growing up in our town.
With Shine Radio’s Dave Williams, he reveals some interesting nuggets about life in Petersfield in “The Old Days”:
- Where children loved to play in the 1940s,
- Why the Kimbers estate is named,
- Monkeys! An animal escape in Tilmore Road,
- What is a ‘Master Speiler’?
- Who were “The Highfield Cobblers”?
- How much did a lad selling newspapers earn?
Get an insight into life in Petersfield in the previous century from the man who actually lived in it …. and still does: our very own Mr Petersfield – David Weeks
In the next conversation David tells Dave about a Petersfield industry that has since passed, and about how much the town has changed during his lifetime. Look out for “More stories of growing up in Petersfield’.